Saturday, April 26, 2014

Saturday afternoons, publications, & a cup o' joe.



I just submitted a paper for an academic journal. What?! After last semester, my professor was talking to me about publishing my paper on Dayton's Dept. Store and presenting my research at conferences. Well, I have presented it at one undergraduate conference, placed 3rd in the Library Research Prize, and am now attempting to have it published...finally.

Part of me wonders what will happen after graduation, like some academic withdrawal or something. Was it challenging for you to no longer have homework or classes where you knew you were learning valuable lessons, even perhaps life lessons? More school is sounding way too tempting right about now. When I get back to Minneapolis this fall, I think I'm going to start studying for my GRE's - just to feel like I am taking a step and who knows, maybe other plans will fall into place before taking it or I will be glad that I did. I recently watched a sermon given by Bill Hybels on stronger faith. He was talking about how we have so little faith in big things, but it is taking steps in the small things that leads to big things. I don't know if that made any sense, but it resonated with me. I have no confirmation as to what I am supposed to be doing, but at least I feel like I am taking the next step. Who knows, maybe it will lead me to decisions and opportunities I wasn't expecting.

Happy Saturday,
Gretchen



No comments:

Post a Comment